A perfect Solar Power Kit for those looking to grow later, the KODAK KING 5kW inverter has a great capacity to scale into a larger system.
This Off-Grid system has everything you need get started, ideal for residential or small businesses looking to supply their properties with solar during the day and a small backup system in case of load shedding. With 6 Solar Panels producing 2kW at the maximum sun , it's enough for most medium-sized appliances and your other essentials like computers, modems etc together. Just calculate your planned usage.
The PylonTech US2000 is one of the most robust, trustworthy, easy-to-install and affordable batteries you can get, with 2.4kWh (1.92kWh usable) it will cover your computer, lights, fridge and modem for around 2 hours. Want to run more appliances while load shedding, no problem, just add another US2000 to the stack to increase your storage.
With the KODAK KING you can expand further by adding up to 9 units in parallel to create a truly large system . With excellent features such as the detachable LCD Module and Mobile App for monitoring, you can understand and better use your system.
There is now a designated BMS port that is perfectly compatible with the PylonTech range, no need for third party middleware in order for your inverter and battery to become in-sync.
Completely AutonomousAutonomous Off-Grid Solar Inverter keep the lights on and your bills to zero with no effort. This solar inverter is smart by knowing what to do and when.
Smart ProtectionProtection against overload, over temperature and any short circuiting keeps your inverter safe.
Parallel ConnectionIf your needs grow so can your inverter, you can connect up to 9 Off-Grid inverters in series to expand your system, don’t be limited in the future.
CompatibilityCompatible with most AGM and Lithium-ion batteries on the market, this inverter has many years of development making it stable and robust when configured correctly.
Detachable LCD ModuleMonitor your usage with the new detachable LCD module that also has multiple communication ports. Use the USB On-the-Go or via Bluetooth.
BMS PortConnect your Lithium-ion battery directly with this new BMS Port , no need for middleware to communicate with your battery.
Zero Transfer TimeDon’t worry about your power cutting out for a second with the Zero Transfer Time between energy sources.
Mobile AppMonitor your usage using the new Android App , connect via Bluetooth up to 7 metres.
Parallel ConnectionA fantastic feature for those wanting to expand their system at a later stage is the ability to add more batteries to expand your battery capacity.
Long-life Quality Lithium-ion BatteryVertical industry integration ensures 6000 cycles with 80% DOD. Developed with their own LFP (lithium iron phosphate) cell to ensure the highest safety and most promising cycle life.
BMS protectedSelf-designed BMS protects the cell from abnormal temperatures, surges and irregular voltages.
CompatibilityCompatible with most of the available Hybrid inverters. Its compact and fashionable design fits in your home environment
This Kit Includes
- 1 x KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter King with UPS - (2 years standard warranty)
- 1 x PylonTech Lithium-ion 2.4kWh (1.92kWh 80% DOD) - (7 year standard warranty, 10 year on application)
- 1 x PylonTech Bracket
- 1 x PylonTech Cable Pack
- 1 x 35mm Battery Cable (Red & Black)
- 4 x 35mm Battery Lugs
- 6 x 330W Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 1 x Complete Pitched Roof Solar Mounting Kit (to be determined)
- 2 x MC4 Connector Twin Pack (Kit 1)
- 1 x Keto 125A Fuses
- 1 x Keto Disconnect
- 2 x K&N Single Phase AC Switch Disconnector 25A
- 1 x K&N Dual String DC Switch Disconnector 25A 220V – 11A 460V (per string)
- 1 x 4mm² Single-core 100m Cable Black
- Installation is not included
This is an example of what you would payback over 42 Months (3 1/2 years)
Standard Bank Example:
|Loan Amount:||R 50,723.83||Loan Rate:||20.50%|
|Loan Term:||42 Months (3 1/2 years)|
|Monthly repayment:||R 1,663|
We do not provide credit, we highly recommend taking a personal or business loan from your bank in order to get the best rate.
Calculate your usage
This calculator will give you an estimated system size to use when shopping for inverters, backup storage and solar coverage.
- Add your appliance and the number of hours it is used in a day
- Select if you want the appliance to have battery backup
- Take note of the output below to see if the kit will work for your setup
System size estimation
Total usage day/night
Total per month
Backup size needed
Lead-Acid (50% DoD):
Email us your system size
We will also send you a copy
Note: All figures are rounded up to give systems a buffer in case of unexpected surges or extra appliances.
6 x 330W Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- Rating: 330W
- High output, up to 17.12% highest conversion efficiency
- Anti-reflective and anti-soiling surface
- Certified with DC IEC 1000V standard
- Outstanding performance in low-light irradiance environments
- Certified to withstand high wind loads (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa)
- High salt and ammonia resistance certified by TUV NORD
- Width: 991mm
- Height: 1,960mm
KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter King with UPSAn all-in-one Off-Grid KODAK inverter is one of the most complete Voltronic inverters available today . With updated monitoring that now allows you to access your data via the new Andriod app . The new detachable LCD module includes extra ports to upload or download your settings and data. With plenty of expansion room you can parallel up to 9 units , making this inverter versitile and affordable.
- Built-in Bluetooth for mobile monitoring Detachable LCD control module with multiple communications (Android App is available)
- Supports USB On-the-Go function
- Reserved communication port for BMS (RS485, CAN-BUS or RS232)
- Configurable AC/PV output usage timer and prioritization
- Parallel operation up to 9 units
- Robust UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for essential loads with zero transfer time
PylonTech US2000B Plus 2.4kWh Lithium-ion BatteryThe Best-Selling lithium-ion batteries available on the market the original PylonTech 2.4kWh US2000B is reliable, safe and easy-to-install. PylonTech developed their own phosphate cell with a BMS (Battery Management System) specifically designed to handle any surges, over-charging and abnormal current .
- 7 Year Warranty (10 Year on Registration)
- Highest Safety
- Fantastic Life-Cycle
- State of Health Monitoring
- State of Charge Monitoring
- Stackable, easy to add more
- Advanced BMS (Battery Management System)
- Best-Selling in Africa
- Compatible with various Inverters