A perfect Solar Power Kit for those looking to get started.
This Off-Grid system has everything you need get started, ideal for residential or small businesses looking to supply their properties with solar during the day and a small backup system in case of load shedding. With 6 Solar Panels producing 2kW at the maximum sun , it's enough for most medium-sized appliances and your other essentials like computers, modems etc together. Just calculate your planned usage.
The Dyness 2.4kWh is one of the most robust, trustworthy, easy-to-install and affordable batteries you can get, with 2.4kWh (1.92kWh usable) it will cover your computer, lights, fridge and modem for around 2 hours. Want to run more appliances while load shedding, no problem, just add another Dyness 2.4kWh to the stack to increase your storage.
There is now a designated BMS port that is perfectly compatible with the Dyness range, no need for third party middleware in order for your inverter and battery to become in-sync.
Parallel ConnectionIf your needs grow so can your inverter, you can connected up to 9 Off-Grid inverters in series to expand your system, don’t be limited in the future.
CompatibilityCompatible with most AGM and Lithium-ion batteries on the market, this inverter has many years of development making it stable and robust when configured correctly.
Parallel ConnectionA fantastic feature for those wanting to expand their system at a later stage is the ability to add more batteries to expand your battery capacity.
Long-life Quality Lithium-ion BatteryVertical industry integration ensures 6000 cycles with 80% DOD. Developed with their own LFP (lithium iron phosphate) cell to ensure the highest safety and most promising cycle life.
BMS protectedSelf-designed BMS protects the cell from abnormal temperatures, surges and irregular voltages.
Compatible with most of the available Hybrid inverters. Its compact and fashionable design fits in your home environment
PylonTech vs Dyness
What’s the difference?
|Dyness B4850||PylonTech US2000|
|Capacity||2.4kWh (50Ah)||2.4kWh (50Ah)|
|DoD (Depth of Discharge)||80%||80%|
|Cycles||6000 @ 80% DoD||6000 @ 80% DoD|
|Max Charge/Discharge||25A (Recommended)||25A (Recommended)|
This Kit Includes
- 1 x KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter MKSII - (2 years standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Lithium-ion 2.4kWh (1.92kWh 80% DOD) - (10 year standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Cable Pack
- 1 x Pair of Brackets for Dyness 3.4kWh Battery
- 1 x 35mm Battery Cable (Red & Black)
- 4 x 35mm Battery Lugs
- 6 x 330W Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 1 x Complete Pitched Roof Solar Mounting Kit (to be determined)
- 2 x MC4 Connector Twin Pack (Kit 1)
- 1 x Keto 125A Fuses
- 1 x Keto Disconnect
- 2 x K&N Single Phase AC Switch Disconnector 25A
- 1 x K&N Dual String DC Switch Disconnector 25A 220V – 11A 460V (per string)
- 1 x 4mm² Single-core 100m Cable Black
- Installation is not included
This is an example of what you would payback over 42 Months (3 1/2 years)
Standard Bank Example:
|Loan Amount:||R 50,989.54||Loan Rate:||20.50%|
|Loan Term:||42 Months (3 1/2 years)|
|Monthly repayment:||R 1,821|
We do not provide credit, we highly recommend taking a personal or business loan from your bank in order to get the best rate.
Calculate your usage
This calculator will give you an estimated system size to use when shopping for Solar Power kits.
- Add your appliance and the number of hours it is used in a day
- Select if you want the appliance to have battery backup
- Take note of the output below to see if the kit will work for your setup
System size estimation
Total usage day/night
Total usage per month
Number of Panels needed
Backup size needed
Lead-Acid (50% DoD):
Take a screenshot to save your result.
All figures are rounded up to give systems a buffer in case of unexpected surges or extra appliances.
6 x 330W Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- Rating: 330W
- High output, up to 17.12% highest conversion efficiency
- Anti-reflective and anti-soiling surface
- Certified with DC IEC 1000V standard
- Outstanding performance in low-light irradiance environments
- Certified to withstand high wind loads (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa)
- High salt and ammonia resistance certified by TUV NORD
- Width: 991mm
- Height: 1,960mm
*Based on a standard polycrystalline panel – features may differ.
IMPORTANT: Panel brand will be dependent on stock availability.
KODAK 5kW Solar Off-Grid Inverter MKSII
- Rating: 5,000W
Dyness 2.4kWh 48V Lithium-ion BatteryApplication: The Dyness B4850 is a popular energy storage solution for household electrical appliances , the perfect option for those looking for high performance, quality, robust, scalable and affordable the Dyness is a top performer. Intelligent Management:
- Dyness is equipped with intelligent BMS for each battery pack to manage modules effectively.
- Compared with the traditional module, B4850 can meet the capacity storage and greatly enhance the cycle life.
- Safe lithium-ion phosphate battery cell
- Compact size ultralight module