This KODAK VMIII Load Shedding Kit is a great starter for those wanting to cover their basic loads with the option to scale up to Solar Power.
You can increase the battery capacity with the option of adding solar power at a later stage .
The KODAK and Dyness combination now has even better integration, with the new BMS (Battery Management System) port you can finally have the Lithium-ion battery work synchronously.
Adding additional storage is very easy, simply plug-and-play a new Dyness B4850 as you go , the cable pack is good for up to 3 batteries together safely.
The Dyness 2.4kWh Lithium-ion battery is one of the best-selling storage products available today, with it's reliability, easy-to-install, fantastic performance as well as built-in protection you're in good hands with the Dyness brand.
What can you run? Up to 950 watts an hour for 2 hours (fully charged), calculate your usage with our table below.
Completely AutonomousAutonomous Off-Grid Solar Inverter keep the lights on and your bills to zero with no effort. This solar inverter is smart by knowing what to do and when.
Detachable LCD ModuleMonitor your usage with the new detachable LCD module that also has multiple communication ports. Use the USB On-the-Go or via Bluetooth.
Mobile AppMonitor your usage using the new Android App , connect via Bluetooth up to 7 metres.
CompatibilityCompatible with most AGM and Lithium-ion batteries on the market, this inverter has many years of development making it stable and robust when configured correctly.
Battery IndependancyThe inverter can continuously supply power your loads without the battery being connected.
BMS PortConnect your Lithium-ion battery directly with this new BMS Port , no need for middleware to communicate with your battery.
Parallel ConnectionA fantastic feature for those wanting to expand their system at a later stage is the ability to add more batteries to expand your battery capacity.
Long-life Quality Lithium-ion BatteryVertical industry integration ensures 6000 cycles with 80% DOD. Developed with their own LFP (lithium iron phosphate) cell to ensure the highest safety and most promising cycle life.
BMS protectedSelf-designed BMS protects the cell from abnormal temperatures, surges and irregular voltages.
Compatible with most of the available Hybrid inverters. Its compact and fashionable design fits in your home environment
PylonTech vs Dyness
What’s the difference?
|Dyness B4850||PylonTech US2000|
|Capacity||2.4kWh (50Ah)||2.4kWh (50Ah)|
|DoD (Depth of Discharge)||80%||80%|
|Cycles||6000 @ 80% DoD||6000 @ 80% DoD|
|Max Charge/Discharge||25A (Recommended)||25A (Recommended)|
This Kit Includes
- 1 x KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter VMIII - (2 years standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Lithium-ion 2.4kWh (1.92kWh 80% DOD) - (10 year standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Cable Pack
- 1 x Pair of Brackets for Dyness 2.4kWh Battery
- 1 x 35mm Battery Cable (Red & Black)
- 4 x 35mm Battery Lugs
- 1 x Keto 125A Fuses
- 1 x Keto Disconnect
- 2 x K&N Single Phase AC Switch Disconnector 25A
- Installation is not included
This is an example of what you would payback over 42 Months (3 1/2 years)
Standard Bank Example:
|Loan Amount:||R 32,449.81||Loan Rate:||20.50%|
|Loan Term:||42 Months (3 1/2 years)|
|Monthly repayment:||R 1,198|
We do not provide credit, we highly recommend taking a personal or business loan from your bank in order to get the best rate.
Calculate your usage
This calculator will give you an estimated system size to use when shopping for Solar Power kits.
- Add your appliance and the number of hours it is used in a day
- Select if you want the appliance to have battery backup
- Take note of the output below to see if the kit will work for your setup
System size estimation
Total usage day/night
Total usage per month
Number of Panels needed
Backup size needed
Lead-Acid (50% DoD):
Take a screenshot to save your result.
All figures are rounded up to give systems a buffer in case of unexpected surges or extra appliances.
KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter VMIIIThe KODAK Off-Grid has been updated to this latest version, a tried and tested Voltronic system it is one of the most popular and affordable inverters on the market. The VMIII has some new improved features you can monitor and configure your Solar Power or Load Shedding system. Features:
- Removable LCD control module with multiple communications servers and ATM
- Built-in Bluetooth for mobile monitoring (Android App is available)
- Reserved communication port for BMS (RS485, CAN-BUS or RS232)
- Replaceable fan design for ease of maintenance
- Supply load from Grid or PV, even when the battery is not available
- Configurable AC/PV output usage timer and prioritization
- Selectable high power charging current
- Selectable input voltage range for home appliances and personal computers
- Compatible with Utility Mains or generator input
- Auto restart while AC is recovering
- Cold start function
Dyness 2.4kWh 48V Lithium-ion BatteryApplication: The Dyness B4850 is a popular energy storage solution for household electrical appliances , the perfect option for those looking for high performance, quality, robust, scalable and affordable the Dyness is a top performer. Intelligent Management:
- Dyness is equipped with intelligent BMS for each battery pack to manage modules effectively.
- Compared with the traditional module, B4850 can meet the capacity storage and greatly enhance the cycle life.
- Safe lithium-ion phosphate battery cell
- Compact size ultralight module