The KODAK VMIII 5kW Load Shedding Kit consists of everything you need to keep things running if the grid goes down.
Upgrade to solar power by adding panels and an additional isolator, take the first step without spending out on the whole package, you can view the Solar Power version here.
The kit uses a Dyness 3.6kWh battery, a top-selling brand due to its reliability, quality and compatibility with various inverters. This Lithium-ion battery is one of the most affordable options on the market.
The BMS (Battery Management System) port that is now available on the KODAK King enables you to communicate properly, this wasn't available in previous models. No need for third party middleware.
What can you run? Up to 960 watts an hour for 3 hours (fully charged), calculate your usage with our table below.
Completely AutonomousAutonomous Off-Grid Solar Inverter keep the lights on and your bills to zero with no effort. This solar inverter is smart by knowing what to do and when.
Detachable LCD ModuleMonitor your usage with the new detachable LCD module that also has multiple communication ports. Use the USB On-the-Go or via Bluetooth.
Mobile AppMonitor your usage using the new Android App , connect via Bluetooth up to 7 metres.
CompatibilityCompatible with most AGM and Lithium-ion batteries on the market, this inverter has many years of development making it stable and robust when configured correctly.
Battery IndependancyThe inverter can continuously supply power your loads without the battery being connected.
BMS PortConnect your Lithium-ion battery directly with this new BMS Port , no need for middleware to communicate with your battery.
Parallel ConnectionA fantastic feature for those wanting to expand their system at a later stage is the ability to add more batteries to expand your battery capacity.
Long-life Quality Lithium-ion BatteryVertical industry integration ensures 6000 cycles with 80% DOD. Developed with their own LFP (lithium iron phosphate) cell to ensure the highest safety and most promising cycle life.
BMS protectedSelf-designed BMS protects the cell from abnormal temperatures, surges and irregular voltages.
CompatibilityCompatible with most of the leading inverters on the market. Its compact and fashionable design fits in your home environment
PylonTech vs Dyness
What’s the difference?
|Dyness B3||PylonTech US3000|
|Capacity||3.6kWh (75Ah)||3.5kWh (74Ah)|
|DoD (Depth of Discharge)||80%||80%|
|Cycles||6000 @ 80% DoD||6000 @ 80% DoD|
This Kit Includes
- 1 x KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter VMIII - (2 year standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Lithium-ion 3.6kWh (2.88kWh 80% DOD) - (10 year standard warranty)
- 1 x Dyness Cable Pack
- 1 x Pair of Brackets for Dyness 3.6kWh Battery
- 1 x 35mm Battery Cable (Red & Black)
- 4 x 35mm Battery Lugs
- 1 x Keto 125A Fuses
- 1 x Keto Disconnect
- 2 x K&N Single Phase AC Switch Disconnector 25A
- Installation is not included
This is an example of what you would payback over 42 Months (3 1/2 years)
Standard Bank Example:
|Loan Amount:||R 44,093.33||Loan Rate:||20.50%|
|Loan Term:||42 Months (3 1/2 years)|
|Monthly repayment:||R 1,589|
We do not provide credit, we highly recommend taking a personal or business loan from your bank in order to get the best rate.
How Many Appliances Can I Run?
This varies with the size of your system, for example, with a 4kw system can run 4000 Watts worth of appliances at any one time.
Note: You can run all these appliances at the same time for 4 hours (estimated)
|Appliance||Watts (per hour)|
|46″ LCD Flat screen TV||250|
|12 LED Lights||240 (20 Watts Each)|
Estimating Your Own Usage
KODAK 5kW Off-Grid Inverter VMIIIThe KODAK Off-Grid has been updated to this latest version, a tried and tested Voltronic system it is one of the most popular and affordable inverters on the market. The VMIII has some new improved features you can monitor and configure your Solar Power or Load Shedding system. Features:
- Removable LCD control module with multiple communications servers and ATM
- Built-in Bluetooth for mobile monitoring (Android App is available)
- Reserved communication port for BMS (RS485, CAN-BUS or RS232)
- Replaceable fan design for ease of maintenance
- Supply load from Grid or PV, even when the battery is not available
- Configurable AC/PV output usage timer and prioritization
- Selectable high power charging current
- Selectable input voltage range for home appliances and personal computers
- Compatible with Utility Mains or generator input
- Auto restart while AC is recovering
- Cold start function
Dyness 3.6kWh 48V Lithium-ion BatteryThe Dyness battery B3 module is widely used in energy storage and electrical products. Household Energy Storage systems; Centralised power station energy storage systems.
- Dyness is equipped with intelligent BMS for each battery pack to manage modules effectively.
- Compared with the traditional module, the B3 can meet the capacity storage and greatly enhance the cycle life.
- Safe lithium-ion phosphate battery cell
- Compact size ultralight module
- Each module is equipped with an independent BMS system
- 10 year warranty
Pricing & Availability
|Units||Price inc VAT|
|Week 1||20||R 20,125|
|Week 2||20||R 21,160|
|Week 3||20||R 22,195|
|Week 4||20||R 23,230|