Solar power is taking the world by storm and it's making more sense to start investing in it somehow. This renewable energy won't just help to clean up carbon footprints, but also help to save you a lot of frustration and money. Solar panels will provide you with a greater independence and a big drop in your electricity bill.
In this case the focus goes to the SunScan 1.7m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector, which is one of the most efficient models on the market. With a basic, yet sleek design it offers a low-maintenance and long-term experience. Its expected lifespan is 20 years and you can use it to power several different things, such as appliances or even the geyser. Thanks to the unique air filtration vents there won't be unnecessary moisture build up and the selective coating boosts absorption while reducing energy loss.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) - 1.71.
• Absorber area(m²) - 1.48.
• Aperture area (m²) - 1.66.
• Risers - 6.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) - 2005 x 865 x 80.
• Weight (kg) - 27Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) - 1.41.
• Frame material - Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material - Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate - Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet - Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] - 94%.
• Emission [%] - 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) - Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) - Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material - Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness - 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness - 35mm.
• Glass - Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness - 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?