SunScan 1.7m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector
Solar water heating has been said to be one of mankind’s greatest inventions. These systems have a huge number of great attributes that helps make it one of the most effectual methods of heating water for residents and commercial centres of South Africa.
Solar heating is used in different parts of the world as it is very cost effective and the most renewable source of energy. Because of the rising cost in electricity in South Africa solar energy has become extremely popular.
Solar thermal energy is used in many more homes in South Africa than ever before. There are two kinds of systems, Active and the Passive heating system.
• Active or forced solar systems capture the heat from the sun using solar panels installed on top of the roofs of residential, commercial and industrial buildings. A pump then pumps the heated water to remotely placed storage vessel.
• Passive heating systems work a bit differently and are one of the cheapest ways of heating water. It involves the use solar panels roof mounted with the storage tank mounted on the roof above the panel in order for the solar system to thermo-syphon. Most countries use the active system more than the passive system.
Solar power is taking the world by storm and it’s making more sense to start investing in it somehow. This renewable energy won’t just help to clean up carbon footprints, but also help to save you a lot of frustration and money. Solar panels will provide you with a greater independence and a big drop in your electricity bill.
In this case the focus goes to the SunScan 1.7m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector, which is one of the most efficient models on the market. With a basic, yet sleek design it offers a low-maintenance and long-term experience. Its expected lifespan is 20 years and you can use it to power several different things, such as appliances or even the geyser. Thanks to the unique air filtration vents there won’t be unnecessary moisture build up and the selective coating boosts absorption while reducing energy loss.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 1.71.
• Absorber area(m²) – 1.48.
• Aperture area (m²) – 1.66.
• Risers – 6.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 865 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 27Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 1.41.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
|Dimensions||2005 x 865 x 80 mm|
Subject to availability from supplier. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.
10 year product warranty