SunScan 10 Evacuated Tube Solar Collector
R4,262.40 Excl VAT
Solar water heating has been said to be one of mankind’s greatest inventions. These systems have a huge number of great attributes that helps make it one of the most effectual methods of heating water for residents and commercial centres of South Africa.
Solar heating is used in different parts of the world as it is very cost effective and the most renewable source of energy. Because of the rising cost in electricity in South Africa solar energy has become extremely popular.
This is SunScans evacuated tube collector range. All the components have been carefully selected from suppliers from all over the world including the best locally available components in order to make sure we provide our clients with a combination of high quality top performing reliable systems. This tube collector is suitable for 100L geysers (facing off North) and 150L geysers (facing North).
The difference between a solar panel and an evacuated tube collector is the design. The tubes capture heat in a different way than panels and provide a little more efficiency in colder weather. The SunScan 10 Evacuated Tube Solar Collector is considered one of the smaller designs and one of them will work perfectly with a 100L geyser, if you’re thinking about converting.
The great thing about an evacuated tube collector is that it focuses more on the ultra violet light from the sun, which can break through clouds and still be used on cloudy or colder days. The tubing is thick and strong, so you don’t have to worry about typical natural elements, and they are well insulated to retain the heat they capture.
• Standard Dimensions – 2000mm x 900mm.
• Aperture Area – 0.936 m².
• Number of Tubes – 10.
• Empty Weight – 36.9 kg.
• Power output at 1000W/m² – (tm-ta) = 30 °C 646 W.
• Recommended Flow Rate – 50L – 150 L/ (m2.hr).
• Recommended Tilt Angle – 15° – 75 °.
• Freeze Resistant – Yes, provided appropriate Freeze.
• Transfer Fluid mix ratio (Indirect systems only) – 1 part fluid to 3 parts water for temperatures to -8 °C.
• Frame Colour – Aluminium/Black.
• Sealing Gasket – Silicon Rubber.
• Material of Absorber – Cu/Al/SS/N2 on borosilicate glass.
• Thickness of Absorber – 2mm.
• Surface Treatment – ALN/SS-ALN/Cu.
• Dimensions of Absorber – 58/1800.
• Material of Absorber Pipes – Copper.
• Layout of Absorber Pipes – Heat pipe, dry connection.
• Outer Diameter of Absorber Pipe – 8mm.
• Inner Diameter of Absorber Pipe – 6.8mm.
• Material of Header Pipe – Copper.
• Outer Diameter of Header Pipe – 38mm.
• Inner Diameter of Header Pipe – 34mm.
• Material of Contact Sheets – Aluminium.
• Thickness of Contact Sheets – 0.2mm.
• Operator Pressure – 600kPa.
• Test Pressure – 1500kPa.
• Stagnation temperature – 203 °C.
• Insulation Material of Manifold – Polyurethane, Mineral Wool.
• Insulation Material of Absorber – High Vacuum.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do evacuated tubes work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?
|Dimensions||2000 x 900 x 100 mm|
Subject to availability from supplier. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.
10 year warranty