Flat plate collectors are among the most popular, because they have a simple design and great efficiency. In this case the SunScan 2.0m² Horizontal Flat Plate Collector is durable and has a unique copper/aluminium coating, which increases three things – its capability to absorb better and to reduce loss, while extending it’s lifespan.
Don’t be surprised if you find this specific model as part of solar water heating kit, because one of these can easily be used for a relatively large tank. The design is modern and non-obtrusive, plus the installation doesn’t require any complicated fittings. Now’s the time to gain some independence and embrace the free solar energy provided by a source that never runs out.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 2.1.
• Absorber area(m²) – 1.75.
• Aperture area (m²) – 1.86.
• Risers – 7.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 1003 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 32Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 1.66.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?