The popularity of solar energy is growing at a rapid pace, because it means lower electricity bills and more independence. Given that South Africa has the perfect climate for this type of renewable energy, it’s not surprising that homeowners are becoming more curious about their options.
The SunScan 2.0m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector is a very popular choice, seeing as the unique copper and aluminium coating boosts the efficiency through better absorption, a reduction in energy loss and of course, extending the years you’ll be able to use it. With a modern design and sleek finish, the collector won’t bring down the appearance of your home. So, whether you want to go off the grid or simply convert your geyser into a solar power heating system, this collector is worth considering.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 5 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 2.1.
• Absorber area(m²) – 1.75.
• Aperture area (m²) – 1.86.
• Risers – 7.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 1003 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 32Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 1.66.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?