South Africans have been forced to start exploring alternative energy, because if it’s not the price of electricity receiving another hike, it will probably be load shedding. Your only way of beating the odds is by going the solar route. With solar energy you don’t need to worry about price hikes or blackouts, because solar energy is free and available every time the sun comes up.
When you look at solar collectors you have to keep in mind certain things. Are they efficient and durable? The SunScan 2.4m² Horizontal Flat Plate Collector has a good reputation for both of these elements. It’s got a very sleek design and this specific model is very popular for geyser related purposes. However, you can use it according to your needs. Don’t waste another second worrying about high prices and power cuts when you’ve got solar collectors.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 2.4.
• Absorber area (m²) – 2.21.
• Aperture area (m²) – 2.24.
• Risers – 9. 11.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 1200 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 38Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 1.99.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?