Discover why flat plate designs are ranked among the most popular with the SunScan 2.4m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector. It looks great and it won’t cause any unnecessary distractions. But more importantly, it will provide energy as long as there’s a sun in the sky. Know from the start that you’ll be getting a top-of-the-line collector that’s durable and incredibly efficient.
At the moment it’s a very daunting task to live in South Africa. The economy is in a bad place and there’s no end in sight for raising costs. But after installing a solar array you’ll be tapping into the biggest source of energy known to man, and the best part, it’s free. The panel can be used for water heating, or it can be directed towards another purpose, such as powering appliances.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 2.4.
• Absorber area (m²) – 2.21.
• Aperture area (m²) – 2.24.
• Risers – 9. 11.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 1200 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 38Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 1.99.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?