SunScan 20 Evacuated Tube Solar Collector
R7,881.60 Excl VAT
Solar water heating has been said to be one of mankind’s greatest inventions. These systems have a huge number of great attributes that helps make it one of the most effectual methods of heating water for residents and commercial centres of South Africa.
Solar heating is used in different parts of the world as it is very cost effective and the most renewable source of energy. Because of the rising cost in electricity in South Africa solar energy has become extremely popular.
This is SunScans evacuated tube collector range. All the components have been carefully selected from suppliers from all over the world including the best locally available components in order to make sure we provide our clients with a combination of high quality top performing reliable systems. This tube collector is suitable for 200L geysers (facing off North) and 250L geysers (facing North).
Tube collectors are popular in the sense that they provide a little more efficiency during cloudy and colder days. The tubes are well insulated to retain the heat they absorb, but at the same time they are durable and long lasting. Another reason for their popularity is the indirect system in which they can function. The transfer fluid mix remains inside the collector, meaning there’s a more efficient heating process.
The SunScan 20 Evacuated Tube Solar Collector is freeze resistant, and it’s big enough to keep a 200L tank geyser working. This is the average size tank needed for a family of 4. It doesn’t take a genius to know that a 200L geyser can become a very heavy burden on your electricity bill, so why not install a tube collector such as this and prevent the burden from materializing in the first place?
• Standard Dimensions – 2000mm x 1722mm.
• Aperture Area – 1.86 m².
• Number of Tubes – 20.
• Empty Weight – 73 kg.
• Power output at 1000W/m² – (tm-ta) = 30 °C 1292 W.
• Recommended Flow Rate – 50L – 150 L/ (m2.hr).
• Recommended Tilt Angle – 15° – 75 °.
• Freeze Resistant – Yes, provided appropriate Freeze.
• Transfer Fluid mix ratio (Indirect systems only) – 1 part fluid to 3 parts water for temperatures to -8 °C.
• Frame Colour – Aluminium/Black.
• Sealing Gasket – Silicon Rubber.
• Material of Absorber – Cu/Al/SS/N2 on borosilicate glass.
• Thickness of Absorber – 2mm.
• Surface Treatment – ALN/SS-ALN/Cu.
• Dimensions of Absorber – 58/1800.
• Material of Absorber Pipes – Copper.
• Layout of Absorber Pipes – Heat pipe, dry connection.
• Outer Diameter of Absorber Pipe – 8mm.
• Inner Diameter of Absorber Pipe – 6.8mm.
• Material of Header Pipe – Copper.
• Outer Diameter of Header Pipe – 38mm.
• Inner Diameter of Header Pipe – 34mm.
• Material of Contact Sheets – Aluminium.
• Thickness of Contact Sheets – 0.2mm.
• Operator Pressure – 600kPa.
• Test Pressure – 1500kPa.
• Stagnation temperature – 203 °C.
• Insulation Material of Manifold – Polyurethane, Mineral Wool.
• Insulation Material of Absorber – High Vacuum.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do evacuated tubes work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?
|Dimensions||2000 × 1722 × 100 mm|
Subject to availability from supplier. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.
10 year warranty