If you haven’t discovered the benefits of solar power yet, there’s no time like the present. With so many different designs and options you can easily utilize the abundant energy from the sun to power your home and geyser. In this case the focus goes to the SunScan 3.0m² Vertical Flat Plate Collector, a design that is among the most popular. There’s nothing complicated about the installation or maintenance.
SunScan is well-known for making collectors that are incredibly durable and efficient, but also have a modern finish. As you can see, it’s unobtrusive in every respect and the special absorber surface ensures a high performance. You can expect to use this panel for up to 20 years and you can utilize it for many different purposes, such as powering the geyser or other appliances inside the home. Cut your electricity costs right now by installing this quality solar collector.
Features and Benefits
• Unique Copper Aluminium Selective coating offers higher adsorption, reduces loss, longer life.
• Unique air filtration vents that help to prevent moisture build up on the inside of the panel.
• Low Iron prismatic glass offers max transmittance, less reflected radiation.
• Ripped absorber surface offers higher performance.
• Aluminium Anodized Casing, no rust.
• Risers are sonic welded.
• Probe pocket measure temperature.
• 10 year warranty.
• Overall area (m²) – 3.03.
• Absorber area (m²) – 2.61.
• Aperture area (m²) – 2.94.
• Risers – 11.
• Dimensions (L x W x H)(mm) – 2005 x 1505 x 80.
• Weight (kg) – 48Kg.
• Absorber Capacity (L) – 2.49.
• Frame material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Surface Material – Aluminium-alloy.
• Back plate – Chromodeck.
• Absorber Sheet – Cu/Al, oxide film.
• Absorption [%] – 94%.
• Emission [%] – 8 (80°±5°).
• Manifold Ø (mm) – Ø 22 x 0.75.
• Risers Ø (mm) – Ø 10 x 0.5.
• Insulation Material – Glass Wool.
• Side Insulation Thickness – 25mm.
• Back Insulation Thickness – 35mm.
• Glass – Woven ultra-white toughened solar safety glass.
• Cover Thickness – 3mm.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do Flat plate collectors work?
- The anatomy of a geyser
- How much money can I save using solar water heating?
- The workings of a solar geyser
- What are the benefits of using a solar water heating system?
- How does the timer / controller work?